BABA JENNY’S UKRAINIAN FOODS
JOB TITLE: Food Production Labourer
LOCATION: Mannville, AB
STARTING RATE: $15.00/hr. (rent-free housing provided for refugees: see JOB PERKS below)
Baba Jenny’s Ukrainian Foods is a food production facility making a variety of traditional Ukrainian dishes including perogies, cabbage rolls, borscht, and more. Ingredients are sourced locally, and no preservatives or additives are used at the facility. The products are frozen and packaged and can be found in many grocery stores throughout Canada. Baba Jenny’s Ukrainian Foods is committed to providing Canadians with quality, traditional Ukrainian foods while maintaining a safe environment for employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a food production laborer, you will be responsible for assisting with all daily activities involved in the preparation, production, and packaging of Baba Jenny’s Ukrainian Foods. You will learn many different tasks and may have the opportunity to become one of our cooks in the future! You will be expected on the floor from 8:30 am until 5:00 pm. You will report to the general floor manager or the supervisor in charge when the manager is gone.
· Assist with the preparation and production of most products
· Record ingredient expiry dates
· Assist with packaging frozen products
· Assist with cleaning machines and the facility
· Record cleaning and sanitization
· Willingness and ability to learn
· Able to communicate orally in English
· Able to follow instructions and complete tasks as required
· Able to complete work with minimal supervision
· Able to work on your feet all day (with breaks) and lift to 50 lbs.
· Free housing 1-2 years for refugees
· Paid coffee breaks
· Vacation time in the first year
· Great team to work with
· Understanding management
· Free product (what cannot be sold)
City: Mannville, AB