About the Role
We are looking for an Office Administrator to join our growing team in the Kanata Tech Park! As the Office Administrator, you will have ownership of your assigned tasks and duties and will have exposure to a number of different business units at RBR. Ideally, you are a strong communicator, with exceptional written and communication skills. As we continue to grow you will have the opportunity to increase your scope of responsibilities and duties. Having the ability to prioritize your tasks and stay organized will be essential to your success and growth in this role.
What You'll Do:
- Act as the office administrator for the phone system, answer incoming calls and direct them to the appropriate person, check and triage voicemails, etc.
- Greet all guests and visitors upon arrival
- Be the "go-to" person for staff and visitors' general office inquiries
- Assist with posting company-wide Slack announcements
- Support internal teams events and meetings
- Coordination of catering and technical setup, as required
- Support office maintenance and upkeep
- Order, stock, and maintain fresh fruit, snacks, milk, cream, coffee, and other kitchen supplies
- Maintain cleanliness and appearance of lobby and staff entrances
- Receiving packages, deliveries, etc.
- Boardroom bookings and upkeep
- Manage boardroom bookings
- Opening and closing duties (opening/closing the blinds, light cleaning duties, stock, etc.)
- Assist with ordering and maintaining office supplies (track inventory, place orders, etc.)
- Actively take on new projects and initiatives as needed (there will always be something new to jump into!)
What You Bring:
- 2+ years’ of experience in an administrative or receptionist capacity
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work proactively, taking ownership of key areas of responsibility
- Excellent attention and commitment to accuracy, detail, and quality
- Team player with a creative flair and a positive, energetic attitude, with a professional approach
- Highly cooperative and demonstrate a willingness to assist others and take on new responsibilities
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach to completing and managing competing priorities
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Proficient with technology, experience with collaboration tools (Slack, Confluence, Google Suite, Office Suite, etc.)
- Developed analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to comfortably lift 20 lbs.
Why Join RBR?
- The ability to make an impact and support climate research
- Electric vehicle incentive of up to $10,000 - plus on-site charging stations
- Greener commuting incentive program
- Charitable donation matching of up to $1,000 annually to charities of your choosing
- A wide range of employee wellbeing initiatives
- $200 annual fitness reimbursement program
- Work from wherever Wednesdays
- Friday lunches (on us)!
- Corporate fitness membership program
- Employee recognition program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive vacation, pay, and benefits
- 20 days of annual vacation, plus time off between Christmas Day and New Year's Day
- Immediate comprehensive benefits plan (medical, dental, etc.)
- Competitive market salary
- RRSP contribution matching
- Referral program for new hires
At RBR we celebrate and support diversity in our workplace, we are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We seek to recruit the best and most talented people for the job, period. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you would like to apply please visit our careers page: https://rbr-global.com/about-rbr/careers